- Does God know that I am Suffering?
- Does God really care that I am suffering?
- Why does God allow suffering to refine a Christian?
- How does Suffering refine the Christian?
- How can I trust God if He allows me to continue to endure continuous pain and suffering?
- Why doesn’t God stop my suffering?
- Will the suffering cease when I have learned what I am supposed to learn, or grown to be more mature as a Christian?
We long for the maturity to pray with humble thanksgiving ...
no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know.
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.’
5 My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.
6 Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes.” Job 42: 1-6
The following scriptures remind us that suffering in our lives may be there to fulfill different purposes, depending upon both the will of God, and the circumstances that we might find ourselves in:
When it seems that God does not stop one's suffering, it may be that there are deeper more eternal purposes unfolding that we may never understand this side of Heaven.
“Yet He knows the way I have taken: when He has tested me, I will emerge as pure Gold." Job 23:10