Friday, December 7, 2012

Discovering God's Glory in The Quiet Place












There is a kind of solitude within this Quiet Place.
A hush is whispered and it is still, as I seek out your face.
How can it be that I so flawed, and daily struggle so,
Could kneel within this Holy Place, a heart you truly know?
 











I sense the presence of angels near they bow in reverent awe, 
that a mere man can come into your presence since The Fall. 
Where once man walked with you in a garden paradise, 
when innocence and purity reigned, a gift that has no price.










Should I but think of failures and of sinfulness in me, 
I would never enter here, the last place I would be; 
but now Christ’s righteousness is mine, it is within my heart,
and I mere man am seen through Him, a pathway He imparts.













I see His footprints in the sands of time throughout the years,
when I had faltered, failed and cried, and wept to Him in tears,
“Why have you let this happen Lord, you know that I am weak?”
“ Trust in Me." He whispered, "I am the path that you do seek.” 





How is it that I see a dampness near The Throne of Grace?
T'was bathed in tears, He cried for me, on days that He did trace, 
When I was lonely, full of pain and suffering in the night,
He wept before His Father and said, "I am his Birthright."













Then as I prayed the angels sang, and glory filled this place, 
then Jesus came and knelt by me, and looked me in the face.
“I know life has been so hard, and the storms you have borne, 
I never ever left your side, and you were not alone.”













He touched my face with nailed scared hand and said so tenderly,
“I am your Hiding Place, and all the strength you’ll ever need.”
He put on me a pure white robe on shoulders stooped in shame.
before the Throne of Grace I knelt, I will never be the same.














"Holy, Holy, Holy!" cried the angels gathered here, 
the sound so magnificent, then a whisper I did hear; 
“I died and rose again so you could come into this place,
to worship God and know His love, and His tender Grace."










"Lord how did I not see that this is such a precious gift, 
what Adam lost you have given me, my heart you do uplift? "
The Quiet Place is where I go to share my life with Him, 
who gave His life for me, as a victory He did win.










So come you far and near and find The Way The Truth The Life; 
In Jesus Christ you can lay down the burdens, pain and strife. 
Come to Him ... you weak and heavy laden pilgrims now, 
on our knees we'll worship Him, our hearts as one we'll bow.













The Quiet Place is a hallowed holy time for each of us, 
to meet with God, and give to Him our faith and all our trust. 
Find a place my friend, for upon your knees you'll see,
that God so loves you as you are, reach out and become free.

Please take a moment to listen to this beautiful song entitled "Revelation" by Kari Jobi. Just hit play, and worship in The Quiet Place.








Jesus Himself said:


“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.  In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us." 


Jo hn 1:1-5; 9 -18 selected


"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." 


John 16:33



“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 


Matthew 11:28-30


“Come with me by yourselves to a Quiet Place and get some rest. So they went away…to a solitary place."