Wednesday, April 23, 2014

When you have a Broken Life

With broken pieces of my life I try to build once more,
I cut my fingers on the glass, a mess upon the floor.
How can I rebuild broken dreams into a better thing,
When complications fill my mind and heartaches play like strings?





  





  
I lift the pieces from the floor and throw them all away,
yet one remains to puzzle me and remind of better days.
It is called hope and seems to be a way to start again,
my life so out of focus now, it says I must begin.










To find for me my special place, a haven from the storm,
and never let my true self try to mimic or conform.
So take the bitter with the sweet, the winter with the spring,
as day by day my song takes flight as my heart begins to sing.











The melody will lift the heart of the weary and the sad,
As I begin to radiate the healing that I've had.
Don't ever think a life's so gone you cannot take the chance,
to take the hand of your inner child and lead her in the dance.





As others see you come their way, your walk will be so sure,
that living life and finding hope is not a simple cure.
It comes with reaching up and breathing gentle prayer,
the gift you're given, a door of hope, now handle it with care. 






“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3




I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."  Psalm 40: 1-3 


Listen to this song on video by Matthew West, as it is encouraging and inspirational for girls who have been wounded in their lives and continue to be...broken.



No comments:

Post a Comment