When we lose hope, life feels like it is over. Whenever we are faced with the challenge of living through a difficult tragedy or loss, it takes everything we have to just face tomorrow. To somehow see how life can possibly work now that our plans are shattered, or when a relationship has ended. It makes starting over seem like an overwhelming impossibility. In that winter of the soul, we deeply feel the loss of hope.
Sometimes, circumstances happen that we have no control over, yet we have to live with the impact of the consequences nonetheless. Our hope might have been placed in someone or something that went wrong, or has come to an end; what we had hoped would happen is suddenly laying at our feet in broken pieces.
When you lose Hope you must allow yourself time to Heal
What did Jesus do with men who had Lost Hope?
Jesus drew near and walked with them
One of the most difficult things to do in life is to live in the reality of the present. We need to lock into the now of our lives. We struggle most with the discipline of being present and accounted for. These disciples finally stopped in their tracks, stepped out of the past, forgot about the future, and grasped the critical reality that was theirs in the present.
Allow God to Create New Hope Within
- When your heart is heavy, remember that Jesus is near
- He will walk you through how to sort out of your concerns
- He wants you to be honest and open about your fears
- Be open to hear what the Scriptures say about your troubles
- Invite The Lord to draw near as you sort out what to do
- Ask Him to set your heart on fire, not just fix your problem
- Determine to follow through and apply what He has revealed to you
Thoughts to Ponder:
What is it about a loss of hope that makes it so hard to trust again?
Take a moment to listen to this encouraging song by Plumb entitled " Broken Places"